Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rex, the Twilight Zone and the UFO

As time passed at NMIMT, I became the person who people
felt they could tell about their experiences. They knew that I
would be non-judgmental in regards to what they would have
to say, but that I also looked for the obvious explanations
to what might have occurred.

Some of the experiences that occurred to friends would involve
myself to some extent or other. One such incident occurred
in the fall of 1975.

My friend Rex had been up in Albuquerque with a mutual
acquaintance. They were headed back to Socorro via I-25
and had just passed the southern exit for Belen, NM. This
area was known as the “Twilight Zone”, due to the high
occurrence of abnormal situations. Time dilatation, cattle
mutilations, sightings of black panthers etc… Tonight we
would add anomalous lights in the sky.

According to Rex, he and Doug were heading back to
Albuquerque when he noticed a strange light off to
the west of I-25. This ball of light would pace the Dodge
van that he was in, and then it would zip off at an
incredible speed to hover above the Highway
in front of the van. As soon as the van approached
it would move back lateral to the van and begin pacing
them once again. The total time of this sighting would
be approximately 40-45 minutes as that is the length of
time it would normally take us to drive that distance.

Rex came into my dorm room at about 2:00 a.m. and
began turning on my lights and rousing me up from a
deep sleep. “You need to get your ass out of bed and
get outside,” he said and turned from my dorm door.
I got up, pulled on a pair of shorts and headed out.
We ended up in the parking lot across from West Hall
next to the swimming pool. When I asked what was so
urgent, he pointed up. Hovering directly overhead, at possibly
1000 ft, was a brilliantly lit disc. I would guess it was 20-25
feet in diameter and silent. I watched it for about 45 seconds
to a minute, and then it suddenly shot out of sight over M Mountain.

It was gone in seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment