Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ore House, Tom Snyder, Betty Hill and Friends

...


Let’s pick up the story where I left off on the last installment of the blog. 

Again the date is October 23, 1975. As we proceed thru these installments, they will cover a period of time during my tenure at NMIMT and approximately 8-10 years after I left.

I parked the car, we got out and headed back to the Ore House. I desperately wanted to tell someone about this incident. We ran into a group of friends, and when I started to tell them about it, they naturally stated the obvious. We were under the influence of mind-altering substances. We turned around and headed back to my friend’s room to get his roommate and go to the local all night diner for a bite to eat. 

Upon entering the room, my friend’s roommate was watching the Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder. That night his guest was Betty Hill. As she was showing Tom a bust that she had made from memory of the aliens that had abducted her and Barney, my friend again became very agitated. He ran to where the TV was plugged into the wall, yanked the plug out fiercely enough to dump the TV onto the floor. “This is bullshit, just bullshit!” he screamed at his roommate and ran from the room. 

We went and found him, gathered him up and went to get that bite to eat. He was agitated through out the meal, and only spoke if he as directly addressed. This was totally out of character for him, even under the influence.

After we got back to campus, my friend went to spend the night with his girlfriend. We never  discussed this event ever again. Within 5 years my friend would be dead and the possibility of sharing this with each other was gone forever. 

I spoke with his girlfriend in the early nineties to see if she and my friend had ever discussed this event. I was having some interesting things occur and needed some clarification. She stated that outside of the initial portion of the incident, she and my friend never spoke about that night.

...

2 comments:

  1. I believe that is a picture of Ayn Rand, not Betty Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a close encounter about a week after seeing that same Tom Snyder show with silent lights in the sky . 3 white orbs maybe 3 feet in diameter horizontally arranged equidistant spanning about 12 feet with 3 red obs of the same size and spacing flashing in sequence

    ReplyDelete