Saturday, June 12, 2010

Travis Walton: Was He The Only Abduction In That Forest Range?

After our discussion about what had occurred to me in Socorro, J seemed to accept what had happened without much discussion or disbelief. It was during this time that I was contact with the Intruders Foundation run by Budd Hopkins, and Ms. Kathryn McCampbell. I was having more frequent, overt experiences. Most of which I’ve already covered.

The last immediate occurrence happened just prior to our going to go see “Fire In The Sky”. It was the night before the movie opened, J and I had been at work until midnight. I dropped her off at her home, and I drove the 23 miles South to Peralta. I felt incredibly tired, which was not uncommon after a shift from Hell in the ER.


I made it home and went immediately to sleep. I really don’t know how long I had been sleeping when my bedroom was flooded with a brilliant white light. Much like the klieg lights they use here in California for a movie. There was absolutely no source around my home for such a brilliant light. As soon as I noticed it, I was back asleep.


The next afternoon I picked J up from her home in the Northeast Heights of Albuquerque. We watched the movie, which was a tad over done for me, but close to the experience none the less. As we were driving to go to dinner J asked me if the movie bothered me. I said not exactly, but it did bring some memories to the fore.

She then began to tell me how she that it was crap, and that I couldn’t have possibly gone thru what was portrayed in the movie. I was trying to explain to her that I was sure that there was ‘artistic license’ being used in the production. She moved away from me and sat next to the window of my truck. I explained to her that the Mogollon Mountain range, the very same range that Travis Walton logged in, ran just to the South and West of Socorro.

Our experiences happened very close to one another, and that the probability of it being the same craft and crew was highly likely. J then said I needed to shut up about this and how could she possibly be proud of a boyfriend who had a fantasy such as this.


This sudden shift in her point of view was totally out of character for her. But it was one which didn’t change, and probably signaled the end of a 9 year relationship. The next year we took a trip to Denver to interview for Pharmacy School.

That will be covered next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment