Thursday, May 13, 2010

Manzano Mountain, Sandia Labs Sightings

...


Back to the timeline…1985...


After a long period of abstinence, both from sightings and females, I started seeing the girl who would be with me for 10+ years. She didn’t have any problems with my history, at first.



Our first outing was camping in an area just South of Belen, NM, in the Manzano Mountain range. Keep in mind that the Manzano Mts were where Sandia Labs were doing propulsion and weapons testing. Much of our nuclear stockpile was stored there during the ‘Cold War’.


We drove down I-25 South, took the turn off for Isleta and headed down Hiway 47. This trek took us thru Bosque Farms, Peralta, and Los Lunas. We followed it down past Belen, NM and took a dirt road that ended at a trail head. 

It was early October, the air was very crisp and there was the promise of snow in the air. We hiked up the trail head about 2 miles when I noticed a very large, shallow cave on the right side of the trail. We made our way to the cave and set up camp for the weekend. It was just dusk when I got the campfire started. We had our supper, sat there telling stories, jokes and I passed time blowing on a harmonica that I always took camping. 

After it was dark we sat looking at the sky, and my companion looked at me and said “I’ve never thought we were the only ones here. That would be the stupidest statement one could possibly make.” I agreed and we turned in for the night.



About 2 hours passed, when I got that tingling in my neck. I woke her and we went out the tent opening. There was a glowing object passing from West to East, silently, at a fairly rapid rate. It was about the size of a match head at arm’s length. We turned back in and snuggled down in our down bag.

The next morning, we decide to hike along the ridge that was just East of our camp. As we came up a draw, near the top of the opposite ridge, was a bubble-like object sitting next to a pine. I quickly took a photo of it and wanted to hike towards it. My date, however, felt otherwise.



Needless to say, we did not go and explore near the bubble. This was the beginning of an interesting 10 years.

Note:
I am currently going thru multiple boxes and photo-books to find that print. When I do I will post it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment