Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The New Mexico Years

~


As my life began to end in my hometown, I was preparing to move to New Mexico to further my education at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. 




We sold our house, packed our belongings and moved to Peralta, NM, which is just south of Albuquerque. My dad’ sister and her husband lived on the property just across the street from what would become my home for the next 31 years.





Our first night in NM, waiting for our furniture to arrive, was spent at my aunt’s and uncle’s home. My uncle worked out at Sandia Base as a security guard. 






My uncle and I were shooting pool and drinking beer and discussing UFOs. He told me that on several occasions he had seen strange craft in the skies over the base. Most of them he said were probably ours under the cover of what he called “Black Projects”, but there were two that stood out in his mind that probably were not ours. 




The first one took place out in Coyote Canyon. He had just clocked in at the site, and something caught his eye just above the Manzano Mt range. His estimate of the size of this craft was about 2 football fields in length, and about 4 stories thick. It hung silently in the air, no sound nor movement for about 10 minutes, then, it abruptly disappeared straight up. He said that there was no reflection of sunlight; rather the craft had a matte finish to it.





The other was a sighting back in the late fifties or early sixties that he and my dad’s brother had at Sandia. My dad’s brother was an engineer for Sandia, and lived with my uncle for a few months. They were near one of the gates that lead back to the Manzano Mt range (nuclear weapons were stored there during the cold war), when a “bat winged” like object appeared to emerge from the side of the mountain range. It disappeared from view in seconds, and never made a sound.




Little did I know that this conversation would be the precursor to my life in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment